cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2010 x64 & EV 9.0.2 -> Mail content not visible

christopher_key
Level 3

Dear All,

I'm really new to EV, I'm using Outlook 2010 x64 and I've got the Enterprise Vault client 9.0.2 installed.

In File > Enterprise Vault, I could see that I'm connected to the Vault server, and everything is scynchronised, the status is complete.

My problem is exactly the one explained here http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH47875 but with Outlook 2010 x64. I checked the VBA Scripting support, and it installed.

When I click on an archived mail, I could go in the Outlook rubban, enterprise vault menu and click on restore, that works. But If I double click on an archived email, I couldn't see the content, and nothing happen when I clicked on "This item has been archived by enterprise vaul, click here to view the original item".

Thank you

Regards

Christopher

31 REPLIES 31

christopher_key
Level 3

Hi Rob,

yes, I've got the EV menu : http://imageshack.us/g/846/captureyzr.png/

Thank you for your search ;)

christopher_key
Level 3

A collegue has the same configuration, Outlook x64 + Win7 x64, same version of EV client, and everything is working fine....The difference, he is using IE8.

Internet explorer is certainly the cause of the problem.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Could be a *setting* within Internet Explorer perhaps ...  I did upgrade my test machine to IE 9, and it still works...  but then it will have just upgraded the settings I had in IE 8 previously.

Do you have any more victims :) that could try IE 9?  Or can you uninstall IE 9 on the problem machine, and see if it works again after that?

Working for cloudficient.com

christopher_key
Level 3

So, I uninstalled IE9, I'm now with IE 8, I installed the 9.0.2 client and I reset the cache.... it still doesn't work :s

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Could you please grab a new client trace of opening 1 archived item?

Can you confirm that you can see the Enterprise Vault tab along side Home, Send/Receive, Folder, View?

Can you check under Disabled Addins to see if the EV one is listed?

christopher_key
Level 3

My log file : http://demo.ovh.com/en/b8d74902399d97a45416ae4a65738949/

Yes, I see the Entenprise Vault tab along side Home, Send/Receive, Folder, View. 

The add-in is well active in Outlook configuration.

Thank you

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

From a command prompt in the EVClient subfolder on your machine, can you run resetevclient, with Outlook closed..  and then re-open Outlook and test again?

The "problem" is your trace is not showing :-

CStore::OpenShortcut

Without that..  the EV code is not running... and I can't work out why, until I can figure out how to get the same behaviour.

christopher_key
Level 3

So, I just did it :

-------------------------------

C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVClient\x64>ResetEVClient.exe

Enterprise Vault Reset Client Utility
Copyright (C) 2006 Symantec Corporation. All rights reserved.

Deleting Outlook cache files...

No Outlook cache files found.

The Enterprise Vault client is enabled in Microsoft Outlook.

Successfully reregistered the Enterprise Vault client DLL (valkyrie.dll).

Successfully reregistered the Enterprise Vault client DLL (desktopclientcache.dl
l).

Successfully reregistered the Enterprise Vault client DLL (evmsp32.dll).

Deleting Temporary Internet files...completed.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVClient\x64>

-------------------------------

but still no change. As I said earlier, my Vault Explorer is also not working, I have a complete blank window.

I tried an Office repair, I will reboot my laptop.

Thank you
Christopher

christopher_key
Level 3

Unfortunatly, the repair doesn't fix the problem :(

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you have a client log of Archive Explorer not working?

christopher_key
Level 3

Hi Rob,

To be honnest, I stopped searching on that. I retreived all my archived mails in my mailbox, and I did a pst file that I save in my home folder.

Thank you for your research and your time, if you find the solution, I'm still interested.

Regards

Christopher

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay, I understand.  I will let you know/update-the-post if I find something.