cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Add-In version

mjkqb
Level 4

EV 9.0.1 - Exchange 2007 - Outlook 2007-2010

What is the latest Outlook Add-In available. I installed the HTTP only version from the media. The version reads 9.0.5169. If there is a newer version, how do I get it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

9.0.1 is the latest version.

That number is from add/remove programs right?

If so, ignore that, go to the folder containing Valkyrie.dll, and bring up the properties.  That'll tell you the "proper" version number.  For reference it's 9.0.1 1073

There will be a 9.0.1 Client hotfix "soon", ie in a day or two, or three, so this info will "move" slightly :)

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

9.0.1 is the latest version.

That number is from add/remove programs right?

If so, ignore that, go to the folder containing Valkyrie.dll, and bring up the properties.  That'll tell you the "proper" version number.  For reference it's 9.0.1 1073

There will be a 9.0.1 Client hotfix "soon", ie in a day or two, or three, so this info will "move" slightly :)

mjkqb
Level 4

9.0.1 1073  it is. Thanks

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Glad to help.

ImAlwaysSmiling
Level 4

We too have the same setup... 

EV 9.0.1 - Exchange 2007 - Outlook 2007-2010

We are having a problem with the 9.0.1.1073.0.http client.  We have outlook 2007 on a windows xp sp3 machine and we are in caching mode on outlook.  We get the following errors when trying to open a vaulted item within outlook that has an attachment.

This item could not be downloaded [OIOM]  80070005

We currently use Group Policy to disallow PST use if that makes any difference, though it did not prior to the 9.0.1 EV upgrade.

We have also applied a Hotfix to this particular client release which is EV 9.0.1 Cumulative Client Hotfix - Latest Etrack 2245419.  Even though it really did not pertain to the problems we were having, we thought we would give it a shot.  We get the same results.

EV 9.0.1 - Exchange 2007 - Windows XP sp3 - Outlook 2007  BROKEN with error above

EV 9.0.1 - Exchange 2007 - Windows XP sp3 - Outlook 2010  WORKS

EV 9.0.1 - Exchange 2007 - Windows 7 32bit - Outlook 2010   WORKS

We did not want to have multiple flavors of evault clients on the different workstations.  We were told by the support engineer that we could use the 9.0.1.1073.0.http client on both outlook 2007 and 2010.  So off we went with this.  Unfortunately, it is not as universal as the engineer lead us to believe.  It would appear that it does not work with Outlook 2007.

We had placed a support call prior to the 9.0.1 upgrade posing compatibility questions and we thought that we got a desireable response, so we upgraded.  However, now we have had so many problems (these are just a couple) and conflicting answers without a solution.  I see others are confused about the versions and are having reported problems as well.  Just looking for some resolution or answers.  Any assistance is appreciated.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Sorry to hear you've having these problems.

In the EV 9.0.1 Outlook 2007 "broken" scenario..  some more info needed is :-

a/ Outlook in online or cached mode?

b/ DCOM client or HTTP client?

c/ When you say disallow PST usage.. what exactly did you deploy, I mean which/what registry keys end up on the client?

d/ Can you show me a client trace?

The http client *should* work for 2010 and back.  I'm sure there is a bit of the puzzle that we're missing, hence the questions.

My theory is that PSTDisableGrow is being set, but that the corresponding PSTDisableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides isn't.. or if it is then it's in the "wrong" registry location.  By "wrong" I mean right from Microsoft's point of view, but wrong from the EV point of view, until a fix is made (which isn't imminent, because we can workaround it)

ImAlwaysSmiling
Level 4

Thank you for posting so quickly.

a/ Outlook in online or cached mode?  CACHED MODE

b/ DCOM client or HTTP client? HTTP CLIENT 9.0.1.1073 with and without the hotfix

c/ When you say disallow PST usage.. what exactly did you deploy, I mean which/what registry keys end up on the client?  We use Group Policy.

User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Microsoft Office Outlook 2007/Miscellaneous/PST Settings

Policy Setting Comment
Prevent users from adding new content to existing PST files Disabled  
Prevent users from adding PSTs to Outlook profiles and/or prevent using Sharing-Exclusive PSTs Disabled

d/ Can you show me a client trace? I will get one for you.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay imagine that first one equates to PSTDisableGrow - did you see my blog about it?  And where the key needs to be set, along with the Authenticode Override?

ImAlwaysSmiling
Level 4

Excellent...  That worked.  Our GPO uses another location to disable as I showed above.  However per your article, I was able to find the PSTDisableGrow = 1 without the AuthenticodeOverride in a different location.  Once I added the AuthenOverride, it worked.  Now I am wondering what that does to my GPO that disallows completely from using, viewing, creating, etc...  PSTs.  What did I open up with this setting?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You didn't open up anything "bad" I don't think ... take a look for the override key on Microsoft's web site, you've got to be hardened coder to use it... and you'd need access to the workstation (and we know that all security bets are off if someone eventually ends up with physical access to the workstation - I think that's what one of the immutable laws of security??)

ImAlwaysSmiling
Level 4

You are awesome!!!  Thank you so much.

Juli :)