cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook is automatically Sending Draft emails

MrDraft
Level 2
We have Windows 2000 SP4  and Outlook 2003 SP2 with the Enterprise Vault Add-in. We also have PGP_Desktop installed (with email functionality disabled).

Some users are reporting that their draft emails are automatically sent...it only seems to happen with E-Store items...

The below is the following steps I take to replicate the sending of drafts:

• Save two e-mails in the Drafts folder
• Turn Outlook offline
• Reply to a estored e-mail
• Turn Outlook back online (The estored e-mail will stay in Drafts)
• Reply to another estored e-mail

All drafts will then send, including the ones saved addressed to myself. 

(PGP state that they are not touching the email, merely recording it was sent/received).

Any ideas anyone?  Is this a known issue?

5 REPLIES 5

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
EV client version?

What version of the EV client are you using?  Have you enabled full client logging, and reproduced the issue?  If so can you add that to your first post.
Working for cloudficient.com

MrDraft
Level 2
We are using version 7.5.0.1250...I know its not the latest version..We would upgrade if this was a known issue and was confident it would resolve it....?

Is this an known error? Or an error that has been reported before?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Can't say for sure,  but your very best is to try the latest client kit, that'll be EV 2007 SP 6.  That will work with any version of EV 2007 server.

There is an issue relating to drafts and mails and so on, that was fixed in EV 2007 SP 1 (your version number indicates EV 2007 base)  Last question, in your steps above.. what is an estore item? 

MrDraft
Level 2
Thanks Rob. Can you explain any further about what the draft issue was? Are there any links that I can be directed to, to see for myself?

When I say store item I mean an email that is saved in Enterprise Vault (thats how we refer to them)

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
It was quite a while ago..

I just got this from EV 2007 SP 1 release notes :

Conflict with Microsoft Dynamics CRM [Ref 751034, 702077, E1051306]

When Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Client for Microsoft Office Outlook was installed, a user who retrieved an archived item and then forwarded it or replied to it would find that the mail remained in the Drafts folder and was not sent automatically. It was possible to open the Drafts folder and send the mail from there.

This has been fixed.

That's the issue that I'm referring to.  My thought would be that you should use the EV 2007 SP 6 extensions, and then a) see if the problem reproduces b) write out the steps, but don't use estore, it's very confusing :), c) let us know, and then potentially you'll be able to head down the route of contacting Support.  After all any potential fix that might be needed in this area would be on top of the latest version.

Lastly, as another thought, try setting the EV Client registry key SendViaOutbox, and set it to 1...  you know where these are stored on a client machine?