cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST Collector Tast Taking a Long Time

charles-k
Level 5
Hi,

I'm running EV 8.0 SP3, and I'm starting on PST migrations.  I've run the PST Locator task against some test PCs and it found the PSTs.  Now I'm running the PST Collector Task, and it looks like it copied the PSTs to the holding folder right away (only 3 PSTs, cumulative size of 25MB), as I can see the 'copynn.pst' files in there.  But the Collector task is still showing a Processing status after one hour, and the Collector log shows "Collected PST" status for all three files from an hour ago, but no other information about why it's still processing.  Any idea why the Collector would be taking so long to copy such a small amount of data?  The 3 PSTs are the only ones in Personal Store Management with a status of 'Ready to Copy,' so it should only copy those files.  Thanks in advance....

Charles
3 REPLIES 3

charles-k
Level 5
Update - now I know for sure that the Collector has successfully copied the PSTs to the holding folder, because the files now show the status of 'Ready to Migrate.'  But the Collector task is still processing.  Will it finish processing at some point, or do I have to manually stop it?  Is this a bug in the product?

Charles

charles-k
Level 5
Update - I manually stopped the Collector task, then kicked off the Migrator.  The Migrator did its thing - it successfully migrated the PSTs into the archive, as evidenced by the 'Complete' status of the files, and the log showing successful completion of the migrations.  But again, the Migrator task is still showing a Processing status.  Why do these tasks seem to hang when their jobs have been completed?  Am I gonna have to monitor the collection/migration manually then manually kill the process each time I do this?

Charles

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi Charles,

I'm playing with that also, and found a refresh in the console sometimes makes it stop/finish
Check eventlog also for events showing finishing.
I believe the migrator task continues to run (ie check for new pst's) continiously.

Not sure now. If you are worried about this, you might want to trace it a little.
Regards. Gertjan