cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST Migration Policy - Turn Off Auto-Archive

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner

Does anyone know if, when you select the option on the PST Migration Policy to turn off Auto-Archive does this work?

I can't find any documentation that can clarify this point for me.  After many successful pst migrations looking at an end-users Outlook, Tools, Other, Auto Archive settings, I find that it has not be disabled.

Does selecting this option in the PST Policy only disable auto-archiving for that specific pst file and only for the period of time during the migration?

Or

Is the Auto-Archive function in Outlook suppose to be turned off after in the end-users Outlook after a successful migratio of a pst file?

3 REPLIES 3

jpriddy
Level 4
I'm not certain exactly WHEN it gets turned off if you control it with EV, but if you have other policies on your network (ie, AD Group policy) that affect Outlook settings, the settings from EV could be overridden possibly.

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner

Good Thought, unfortunately no Group Policy exists that would over-ride the EV Policy option to turn-off auto-archive in Outlook. 

I have never seen this work and was just wondering if anyone had actually seen this option work successfully.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I have seen this working before, but I don't know when it gets set.

What EV Version are you using?

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.