cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems With OWA

PATRICK_Kitchen
Level 6
I have a few users that have recently had mail archieved - when viewing through OWA the email comes up as a blank page but when viewed through Outlook they appear fine.

Anyone any idea's

BTW we are on EV6SP2 and our vault is reach about 1TB in size.

Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Robert_Guenther
Level 3
One major thing to check is what Exchange SP are you on?  I have run into similar problems when my customer's applied an on supported SP on Exchange so therefore the Control Files where not being updated. 

The other thing to check is whether or not you got any errors when you ran the Exchange Extensions Configuration.  EV had a problem configuring OWA when you email namespace does not match your AD domain. There is a work around though.

Reply back with a little more info, and may be i can point you in a better direction.

Rob

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Patrick,
When you select an archived mail does the preview pane show correctly?
Can the users see ev buttons on the toolbar?
Can the users see the archive icons on th emails?
You say a few users. Does that mean that you have users that can access archived mail through OWA?
What is the history of the problem? HAs it ever worked or has it just broke? Have you made any software changes lately?
How many exchange servers are you archiving from?
Does the problem appear when you are going directly to the Back End server?

Cheers....Paul

PATRICK_Kitchen
Level 6
Hi

Thanks for replying - the user effected are displying the correct vault icons on archived email - the preview pane is blank and you can not see any vault buttons on the OWA controls.

To be honest I dont know whether this has been like this for a long time or it has just occured - my email works with no problems at all through OWA.

Many thanks for your help.

PATRICK_Kitchen
Level 6
The same thing happens when you try running OWA on the backend servers, this is only occuring for a small number of users and there is only one archiving policy defined in our Vault.

This has got me pulling my hair out - anyone any ideas.

Many thanks

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
So if you are not seing the buttons then there is some sort of problem with the forms. To be honest this could be down to 1 of many reasons and this needs investigating so I would open a support case.

If this is not happening to all of your users then are the users that are experiencing this problem on a different exchange server or even in a different mailbox xtore as we register our forms into the system mailbox of each mailbox store.

If you do not have a support contract to raise a case then please paste the contents of the backend2003setup.wsf.log file which can be found in the owa directory on the BE exchange server

What version of ev are you running?
What is the latest directory version that you have in the exchweb directory?

Cheers....Paul

Kelvin_2
Level 2
Hi Patrick,
If you can't see the ev buttons, it may probably because the Event sinks is not functioning properly.  OWA depends on this to run the EV web control files installed onto the exchweb directory. 

Event sinks do not function correctly if the SystemMailbox{GUID} mailbox is absent from a mailbox store in Exchange Server 2003 or in Exchange 2000 Server
You may also need to run the backend2003setup.wsf after you have created your new SystemMailbox{GUID}.

Hope this help.
Kelvin