cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on hotfix for centera (80sp4)

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

I'm investigating if I need to apply the hotfix mentioned in http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH144758

Hotfix for Symantec Enterprise Vault (EV) for Microsoft Exchange - Centera Collections area filling up and not reducing due to dependancy of the JournalArchive table

Enterprise Vault for Microsoft Exchange 8.0 SP4 (Build 1991), 8.0 SP5 (Build 1048) and 9.0 (Build 1193)

NOTE:  If this Hotfix is applied to Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP4 and then upgraded to Enterprise Vault SP5 or Enterprise Vault 9.0, this Hotfix MUST be reapplied

I have a question on the NOTE. If I upgrade from 80SP4 to 9SP2 do I still need to re-apply this hotfix?

Does anyone know?

Thanks, Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JosephRodgers
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you running any of the 3 versions specified?  If 9.0 I strongly recommend you apply sp2 which does not require the hotfix.  If 8.0 than you may need this hotfix.  Have you experienced the symptoms?  This patch is a sql script to update the database.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JosephRodgers
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you running any of the 3 versions specified?  If 9.0 I strongly recommend you apply sp2 which does not require the hotfix.  If 8.0 than you may need this hotfix.  Have you experienced the symptoms?  This patch is a sql script to update the database.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

80sp4, going to 90sp2 on oktober 30th.

We might have the issue, I am not sure et.

But, because you see 9sp2 does not require hotfix, my question is answered. Thanks.

Regards. Gertjan