cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPC server not available

Ray_Hasham
Level 4
Hello,

I have a strange issue with a mailbox. When the archive task runs against one of our exchange server, event id: 8390 and 3196 is logged. I ran dtrace and have identified the mailbox casuing this issue. It seems that the DN (Sandy.Wong@domain.com) does not exist on Exchange. The user had changed their name but this has not been reflected in archive and hence archiving keeps on failing on this mailbox.

Error: The RPC server is unavailable.  [0x800706ba] An error has occurred whilst synchronizing the properties of mailbox /o=CORPLAN/ou=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/cn=RECIPIENTS/cn=SANDY.WONG@domain.COM on Exchange server UKEXBE01.

I have tired disabling the mailbox but to no avail, i tried zapping the mailbox using the DN but ofcourse since it could not find the object the above errors were recorded.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Rahim
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Try the following query ,this would just update the users vault ID in SQl

Use EnterpriseVaultDirectory
UPDATE ExchangeMailboxEntry
SET DefaultVaultID = '1E6AD2D0739CD0D4A98217B824F6A16C71110000evsite '
WHERE MbxDisplayName = "Sandy wong"

Replace the Default vault ID ---get this from the Vault admin console you can get this by gogin to the properties of the users archive ..

Make sure you enter the correct mbxdisplayname ---

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
try doing

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
SELECT * FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry WHERE MbxDisplayName LIKE '%wong%'

Find the entry that correlates to her name before the change and remove it
also make sure its not being targeted in any provisioning group
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Ray_Hasham
Level 4

Hi, I got my facts together. The LegacyExchangeDN in AD does match up with EV. So I dont know why I keep getting RPC server not available when EV syncronises this partocular mailbox? A snippet from the DTrace log is below:

22 16:26:20.174  [10244] (AgentClientBroker) <10756> EV~E Event ID: 3196 An error has occurred whilst synchronizing the properties of mailbox /o=CORPLAN/ou=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/cn=RECIPIENTS/cn=SANDY.WONG@INFORMA.COM on Exchange server UKEXBE01. |Error: The RPC server is unavailable.  [0x800706ba] |Internal: .\AgentExchSynch.cpp (CAgentExchSynch::CheckDefaultVault()) [lines {3632,3643}] built Apr 12 00:45:16 2010 |
23 16:26:20.174  [10244] (AgentClientBroker) <10756> EV~E Event ID: 3188 An error occurred performing a request to synchronize the mailbox /o=CORPLAN/ou=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/cn=RECIPIENTS/cn=SANDY.WONG@INFORMA.COM. |Error: The RPC server is unavailable.  [0x800706ba] |

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

I owuld try zapping the mailbox in case the hidden message has had a brain fart.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/280196.htm

Ray_Hasham
Level 4

I have tried that already. :( I get the same error message. I cant disable it either.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Try the following query ,this would just update the users vault ID in SQl

Use EnterpriseVaultDirectory
UPDATE ExchangeMailboxEntry
SET DefaultVaultID = '1E6AD2D0739CD0D4A98217B824F6A16C71110000evsite '
WHERE MbxDisplayName = "Sandy wong"

Replace the Default vault ID ---get this from the Vault admin console you can get this by gogin to the properties of the users archive ..

Make sure you enter the correct mbxdisplayname ---

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Use the following document to ZAP the mailbox in case if the above step did not work .

http://support.veritas.com/docs/273154

Ray_Hasham
Level 4

Setting the Default Vault ID worked!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a million.