cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-apply automatically set permissions in EV

jlutzhoft
Level 4

Hello

How do I reconnect a user's archive if the AD account has been deleted and recreated with the same account name?

I have removed the user's old SID by

[Directory] 

DirectoryComputerName=kvsvault
SiteName=archivesite 

[ArchivePermissions]
ArchiveName=Username 
Zap=True

But cannot figure out how to re-apply the user's new AD account

Thanks

Jens

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Alternatively you can delete the affected user's entry in the ExchangeMailboxEntry and then run the provisioning task to re-provision the user. This user should nowb be listed as a new user and then enable the user using the Admin console.

Always backup your SQL databases before making changes. :) 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Just run Synchronization from the properties of the Archive Task

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

when you enable (or re-enable) the same you user you get the option to reconnect the user AD account to the user's archive. The option is at the right hand side (Select Archive), once you have selected the user. You need to do this first bofre you click next, if you don't Ev will create a new archive which means that you will get a duplicate archive. 

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That is a good catch.  I assumed he had already done that.  Guess I need some more coffee.  :)

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

LOL....quite early for you still Tony!!!!??? No worries.

jlutzhoft
Level 4

I did try to synchronize - sorry for not writing that :)

jlutzhoft
Level 4

The user's archive is still enabled so I can't re-enable it. I have tried to disable it - it says "The following mailboxes have been successfully disabled" - but it doesn't work...

(Just got coffee smiley)

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

So, the users AD account was deleted before the account was disabled in EV? If this is the case then you won't be able to disable it using the Admin Console as EV can't sync with the SID that had been deleted it. you need to use SQL query to change the MbxArchivingState to 2 (disabled) (currently it is set to 1 (enabled)).

On your SQL server that host the EV databases, open SQL Server management Studio (Backup your SQL databases first) and run the these:

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory

Select * From ExchangeMailboxEntry

Where MBXDisplayname = 'Test User'

(Test User is the dispaly name of your affected user)

Check the MbxArchivingState column and confirm that it is set to 1, you need to update it to 2. Run this

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory

Update ExchangeMailboxEntry

Set MbxArchivingState = 2

Where MBXDisplayname = 'Test User'

Run the select query again to make sure that the mbxarchiving state has changed to 2.

Now, on your EV server, open you Admin console and then try enable the user, it should be set to disabled.

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Alternatively you can delete the affected user's entry in the ExchangeMailboxEntry and then run the provisioning task to re-provision the user. This user should nowb be listed as a new user and then enable the user using the Admin console.

Always backup your SQL databases before making changes. :) 

jlutzhoft
Level 4

Will I still be able to link the new AD account to the old archive?

jlutzhoft
Level 4

Yes the AD account was deleted first. I have tried to change MbxArchivingState to 2 and have run the provisioning task, but it still doesn't show in the Enable Mailbox wizard :(

What about the ExchMbxGUID? I gues it's new as I have created a new mailbox for the new AD account.