A customer wants a complete rebuild of his EV environment.
Due, lots of upgrades.scripts, corruption and inconstency, the customer wants to build a new EV environment in the same domain.
- 1 Domain
- Old EV server 10
- New EV server will be 11
- 1 SQL server
- Exchange 2013
- No Webapp integration, but the new one should have it.
I am not sure of its possible to have two EV environments in one domain, so i am using common sense to try and figure this out.
Please let me know is i am missing something. The goal is to have a quick migration strategy. At this moment, the descission hasn't been made if the shortcuts should return in de usermailbox for old archived items.
I have setup the following tasks that should be done.
- Install a new SQL instance for the EV11 databases
- Create new EV accounts
- Install EV 11 with new Alias
- Create EV sysmbx for Exchange archiving
- Exchange permissions and throttlepolicies
- Provision Exchange server for archiving
- Install Webapp for OWA
- Delete shortcuts in usermailboxes
- Export archive EV10 server to PST
- Provision user in EV11
- Import PST in archive with or without shortcut creation
As the new EV environment is build from scratch, i wonder if its a best practice to install the EV server with Split DNS so that the shortcut URL is the same for internal and external users. Any thoughts on that?
Am i missing someting?