cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Archived Attachment cannot open

chanaka_athukor
Level 4

Hi,

I'm using EV Vault 9.0 SP version with Exchange 2010 and all my clients are outlook 2010. today i found one issue if users recevied any archive email as attachment through outlook cannot open. It's asking for the credential but when i use my credential it's not accepting and keep asking.

but same email i can open through OWA. not asking any credential. need support to resolve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

If you need support, call them :)

this is a forum, where most people know EV, but it is NOT an offical support thing.

If you receive a forwarded archived item, the item sits in the archive of the user sending it. In theory, only the sending user has rights to this archive. If the receiver has access rights to the archive of the sender, the item will open. If not, you get prompted for credential. This is working as designed. Users should be educated to first retrieve the item, then forward it.

As for OWA, this should not happen. the same rights apply. What might happen is that the sending user was on the same machine logged in using OWA, then logged off. If you then login, and try to open the attachement, IE keeps the credentials somewhere. This is an OWA problem.

To check, clear cache on IE (everything), log into OWA yourself, try opening the item again. That should prompt you also for username/password.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

GertjanA

Hello,

If you need support, call them :)

this is a forum, where most people know EV, but it is NOT an offical support thing.

If you receive a forwarded archived item, the item sits in the archive of the user sending it. In theory, only the sending user has rights to this archive. If the receiver has access rights to the archive of the sender, the item will open. If not, you get prompted for credential. This is working as designed. Users should be educated to first retrieve the item, then forward it.

As for OWA, this should not happen. the same rights apply. What might happen is that the sending user was on the same machine logged in using OWA, then logged off. If you then login, and try to open the attachement, IE keeps the credentials somewhere. This is an OWA problem.

To check, clear cache on IE (everything), log into OWA yourself, try opening the item again. That should prompt you also for username/password.

Regards. Gertjan

chanaka_athukor
Level 4

Thanks for the explanation , it means this is working as designed. 

when i'm trying from the new pc through owa it's working and not prompting for the user name and password.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Is it genuinely opening though or is it just opening the shortcut contents?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

chanaka_athukor
Level 4

sorry for the late reply. find the attached screen shot. email-ev.jpg and email-ev2.jpg files.

OWA when click the attachment i can see the data even outlook also if i click preview i can see the data. if i double click then asking the password.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

yeah so all thats doing is opening the shortcut contents, which you would see if you didn't have the OWA extensions installed or the outlook client installed

You can tell this because of the @65b for the attachments, if it were genuinely retrieved, the @65b would be the attachment itself, so simply refer to the answer GertjanA originally gave

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Prone2Typos

Hey there.

I was wondering if you could take a minute and update your posting with further questions you may have, a solution you came to, or highlighting the user who helped you so that if you no longer need help... others can recieve the help being requested.

Thanks in advanced for any reply.

Regards.

j