cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering a Deleted Mailbox

Jae_Bishop
Level 3
I am using EV 7.0 with Exchange Archiving. I deleted a users mailbox archive from vault and disabled mail archiving for that mailbox.  I did not delete their Exchange Account fortunately.  I need to recover that users deleted & disabled archived mailbox.  Does anyone have any details on how to recover a vault mailbox that has already been deleted? I do use the Backup Exec 12.5 EV Agent to do full backups of my vault store & SQL database. I have the tapes, just no instructions on how to do the restore. Is this a monumental task or straight forward? If anyone has any advice, I would love to hear it.

Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 The only way you are going to be able to do this is to restore to a recovery server.  You can install SQL and EV onto the same server for recovery purposes.

You will need to do a Recovery of EV using Data Only Backups - check the Administrators guide for this chapter for a detailed step by step.

What you will need to restore to a recovery server.

1. SQL databases - EVDirectory Databases and Vault Store Databases.
2. Vault Store Partitions.

Once restored and EV is back up and running - you will need to export the Archive out to PST.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 The only way you are going to be able to do this is to restore to a recovery server.  You can install SQL and EV onto the same server for recovery purposes.

You will need to do a Recovery of EV using Data Only Backups - check the Administrators guide for this chapter for a detailed step by step.

What you will need to restore to a recovery server.

1. SQL databases - EVDirectory Databases and Vault Store Databases.
2. Vault Store Partitions.

Once restored and EV is back up and running - you will need to export the Archive out to PST.