cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove EV server and create a new site

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Hello,

In my test domain, I removed the "old" EV server which had no task attached to it anymore.I don't  see any references of it in my EnterpriseVault Directory db ( perhaps I missed something). So far so good.

But now I want to create another site for that I try to start the Entreprise Vault Configuration tools and then the problems start

I just can't start it and always get the message :

"

Unable to query the status of a Vault Service.

Service : EnterpriseVault Directory Service

Computer : old EV server ( the one I removed)

Error : The RPC Server is unavailable.

"

So obviously I missed a reference of it in the db can anybody direct me to the reference I could have forgotten .

Thank you Very much for any help

Sandrine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Is there any data in your enterprise vault database, if not, why don't you drop the database and start with a new one ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Is there any data in your enterprise vault database, if not, why don't you drop the database and start with a new one ?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Are you using the same Directory database for the new server ? The best option would be to create a new directory database and proceed.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i would remove all your EV databases and start over.

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Thank you all for your answers, I have to confess I didn't think that far yet but I think I will use another SQL server as the plan is to shut down on the long term the "old" site. The problem is that I wanted to have a first look at how it is done but as I can't even start the configuration tool ...Of course this is only on my test domain and for the production one I'll ask help from the consulting company we are in relation with. This is a management decision if we go into this direction or not and I just want to be ready in case they would say yes.