cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Deleting Exchange Server from Enterprise Vault

karmakoma
Level 5
Hi,

I'm retiring one of our Exchange servers and wish to remove it from Enterprise Vault. I'm following the document linked here: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/286709.htm 

When I run the SQL query to confirm there are no active mailboxes on the Exchange server I am decommisioning I get approx 10 hits. All of these hits are for mailboxes of users that have left the company. The mailbox no longer exists in Exchange and their AD account has been removed. Some of these mailboxes have archive mailbox stores and others don't.

How can I remove these entries or can I simply ignore these?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
You will not be able to delete the decomissioned exchange servers when you have mailboxes in the exchangemailboxentry table pointing to that server. If these users are not exisiting anymore then you can just delete them from the exchangemailboxentry table. You should then be able to delete the server.

Regarding the archives this will depend on your business. You can delete these seperately if you do not care about these users data or just leave them and if you ever need to search them you would need to add a user manually to that archive VIA the VAC.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
You will not be able to delete the decomissioned exchange servers when you have mailboxes in the exchangemailboxentry table pointing to that server. If these users are not exisiting anymore then you can just delete them from the exchangemailboxentry table. You should then be able to delete the server.

Regarding the archives this will depend on your business. You can delete these seperately if you do not care about these users data or just leave them and if you ever need to search them you would need to add a user manually to that archive VIA the VAC.

karmakoma
Level 5
Deleted rows in table and removed Exchange server from EV.