cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing duplicate archive items in EV 8.0

Daniella
Level 4
Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove duplicate archive emails from EV 8.0 without having to export the archive and using an Outlook tool to delete duplicates?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Daniella 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Daniella
Level 4
Hi Wayne,

I've already sent you a private message in the forum asking for the tool. I have to speak with one of my colleagues to see what we are going to do. I don't have much time so I really got to decide on the most efficent way of resolving this problem.

Irrespecitve of what I decide, the tool you are talking about can help remove orphaned shortcuts when I migrate users from the old EV server and will save me alot of manual work so I really appreciate your willingness in sharing this tool.

Cheers,
Daniella

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi Daniella,

Would you mind to explaine exactly what you mean? How are you getting dups in the first place?

Daniella
Level 4
Hi Wayne,

In Archive Explorer I have duplicate archive items of the same email. The reason how I got these entries is because I had the pending shortcut timeout set to 1 day. I wasn't aware that duplicates were created every time an email is set in a pending state. I would like to use a tool to scan an archive and delete the duplicate DVS files plus remove the entries from the Journal Archive table so that the SQL side of things are also cleaned up.

Any ideas???

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
You will not have duplicate savesets (DVS) these will be single instanced. As far as I am aware, there is no easy way of removing the item from the index.  How many users are affected?

--wayne

Daniella
Level 4
Hi Wayne,

I have about 6 users affected. I do not want to enable any more users on EV until I have this problem resolved. I am trying to avoid exporting the mailboxes, deleting the records and starting again.

Irrespective of the problem I'm having if a user has duplicate emails in their archives, I want to be able to run an app to scan and show the duplicates like you can do for Exchange. There is an app called "Email Duplicate Remover" that allows you to scan and remove duplicate emails. Unfortunately it cannot read archive emails hence me searching for an app that can...

Daniella

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Daniella,

If its 6 users really your best bet is export archive to mailbox, not PSTs. Delete shortcuts from mailbox, delete archives re-enable the users.

I can provide you with a tool to delete all shortcuts within a users mailbox.  If you do go down this route PM me for the tool.

But to be honest, 6 users is not worth the hassle, just export and start from scratch :)

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
hehe,

so what you gonna do then export? or try and get a tool for yourself?

Daniella
Level 4
Hi Wayne,

I've already sent you a private message in the forum asking for the tool. I have to speak with one of my colleagues to see what we are going to do. I don't have much time so I really got to decide on the most efficent way of resolving this problem.

Irrespecitve of what I decide, the tool you are talking about can help remove orphaned shortcuts when I migrate users from the old EV server and will save me alot of manual work so I really appreciate your willingness in sharing this tool.

Cheers,
Daniella