cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore EV in NetBackup

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, I have one EV server (EV 7.5, Windows 2003 SP2, SQL2000). I installed NBU 7.0.1 media server software in this server. I am doing some planning for backup and recovery. My questions are:

1. If I use NetBackup for EV Agent to do backup, when I do recovery, e.g., recover a closed partition, do I need to restore the database as well? How about recover the open partition? I plan to have three policies: one for open parition, one for closed partition and the last one for monitor and dir DB.

2. If I use legacy method to do backup (use scripts to bring EV to read only mode to do backup), I will use two policies: one for MS Windows, the other for SQL DB. In that case, if I want to restore a closed partition, can I just restore the closed partition back as file? Or I need to restore the database as well? How about recovery the open partition?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

For either scenarios you shouldn't restore the databases due to the fact that you could lose newly created archives and folders etc. When data is restored, you should run EVSVR to ensure that the data restored matches whats in the database.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks for your reply. Then in what kind of scenario, should I restore the database? DR? My EV version is 7.5  but I found some doc about EVSVR utility that all talks about verion 8 and above. Can I still use this utility in version 7.5?