cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring journal archive from basket

PJ2009
Level 3

I've used Browser Search to create a basket of e-mails (from multiple users) that I need to restore to a PST file but everytime I try to do that, I get an error saying "Cannot Log on. Incorrect server or mailbox." I'm pretty sure I'm putting in the correct details and the EV service account has full access to the journal mailboxes and the user mailboxes. None of these are hidden from the GAL either.

EV version is 9.0.2.1061 - hopefully someone can help me out!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PJ2009
Level 3

I've managed to get this working by restarting the journalling tasks and running the export again. We've been having some issues recently with journal archiving stopping randomly until the tasks are restarted but that's a different story. Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you seen this:

How to Export User archive or Journal archive created Basket content to a PST file.

Article:HOWTO53003  |  Created: 2011-05-16  |  Updated: 2014-08-08  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO53003

PJ2009
Level 3

I have, those were the steps I was following. I've tried putting in the name of our CAS Array and also the hostname of the mailbox server where the mailbox is. I've tried using the mailbox alias of the EV service account and also the aliases of the two journal mailboxes we have but each time I get the same error...

PJ2009
Level 3

I've managed to get this working by restarting the journalling tasks and running the export again. We've been having some issues recently with journal archiving stopping randomly until the tasks are restarted but that's a different story. Thanks for the help!