cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL to get messageid for archived item.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all, SQL guru's,

Is it possible to run a query which shows exchangemessageid, original item date/time, archived date/time

I do not need to have futher info, only the above mentioned. Customer wants this for reassurance that what comes into the Journal Mailboxes is actually archived within 24 hours...

This is EV11.0.1 CHF5, archiving from Journal Mailboxes from Exchange 2013 CU12

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Message ID is not stored in EV SQL databases..

It's stored in the index for an archive though.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

Hi,

actually you could try to check this with exchange/powershell.

For example check timestamp of mails with get-messageTrackingLog, to get the time they've entered the journal mailbox.You can also get the messageid with this.

Enterprise Vault has to Logon to the Journalmailbox to convert them to shortcuts, or completely delete them.

But here is the tricky part. I am not sure if you can check "last access or last change" of a mail, and I am pretty sure EV databases do not use the messageids of exchange to track them. This would make manipulation much easier.

For the EV SQL way I would not know where to get the original date...

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

Now that I think of it.... you could check if there are items in the journalmailbox that are older then one day :) and aren not of the Message Type Shortcut. 

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Message ID is not stored in EV SQL databases..

It's stored in the index for an archive though.

Working for cloudficient.com

GertjanA

Hello CC/Rob,

In the Journal Mailboxes, I should see only pending. (you do not want 'archived' shortcuts in a journal mailbox :) ). I thought itemid might be messageid, but alas.

I believe customer is looking for 'proof' that what goes into Journal Mailboxes, goes into EV.

Not sure why, but customer is king. (almost). I'll do some further digging. I believe you can get the messageid shown in a DA search, that might assist.

Regards. Gertjan

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

Hi Gertjan,

I am interested in a solution.

Please let me know if you have found one.

GertjanA

Hello CC. this might prove to be not possible in the end. as the messageid is stored in te indexes. I am now investigating getting only sender, subject, itemdate and archived date from sql.

will post what is found

Regards. Gertjan