Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search HTTP Service Requires SSL

patriot3w
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to configure the Index Query Server HTTP service to use SSL, so I go to EV server properties - Advanced - Indexing - change the Settings:

1. Search HTTP Service Port from 80 -> 443

2. Search HTTP Service Requires SSL from Off -> On

Restart the EV index admin service without any issue. However when i tried to search, it said failed to perform search operation. I did a dtrace it look like still trying to connect port 80.

My problem here is how to set this Search HTTP Service to use SSL?

I went to EVIndexing\bin, run the velocity-config.exe, it has webserver/ssl-certificate <unset>, webserver/ssl-certificate-key <unset>, are they related to above Seach HTTP Service?

And how to use velocity-config.exe? I did a search but not able to find anything.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
2 REPLIES 2

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I read something a month ago or so that stated that configuration is not supported. It is strange because as you stated there appears to be configuration for it., The results I noted were that the SSL took but that it produced an error which helped me to identify that it was not supported. 

Maybe you will find a differnt answer here. I cannot find the technote that stated it which implies to me that it was a resource I no longer have access to. .. that said. . it could also be wrong.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

J

Nathan_Clark_2
Level 4
Employee