cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search in Enterprise Vault 12.3

btrowdy
Level 3

We don't own discovery accellerator, but I need to perform a search for items in an archive. I remember in older versions you could add Search?Advanced onto the URL to get to the advanced search. Here I could find all items and add them to a basket. Once all items were added to a basket I could export them to a PST all at once.

Does this existing in 12.3? I see the basic and advanced search, but I don't seem to be able to export bulk items without highlighting them all first (which is taking for ever). Can I easily export all items found from a given query?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

Sorry for the late reply, but yes you can do this in EV 12, just not in EV Search. You need to use the Export-EVArchive cmdlet in the EV Management Shell. Use the -SearchString parameter to supply the search query you want, and specify "PST" for the -Format parameter.

Example:

Export-EVArchive -ArchiveId 1DE5EA73FEBC737458C7F38AFD7D8706B1110000evserver1.EV.LOCAL -Format PST -SearchString "Black Dog" -OutputDirectory c:\temp\PSTExport

Capture.JPG

Full help on the Export-EVArchive cmdlet:

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/96069939-120347322-0/v118534516-120347322

--Chris