loko32
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I have the problem that the services:

- Enterprice Vault storage Service
- Enteprise Vault task Controller Service

stops several times a day.

in the eventm. i see warnings about CPU treshold.

this happend when i run "rebuild index"  or i run archiving more then 1 mailboxes in "run now mode".

CPU Usage is 100% and then the  sevices stops.

thx for helping me,

Loko32

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Blue_Nose
Level 4
Hi Loko,

Both of these services are dependent on the MSMQ service, so as you say it stops on a archive run, has the storage limit been reached so no new requests can be added to the queues, By default all comitted requests are flushed every 6 hours (microsoft setting). Also with windows 2003 SP2 the default storage limit was decreased from 8gig to 1 gig so check this and increase storage if needed.

Also check your storage locations do you have enough free space, in the event logs are there any warnings ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Blue_Nose
Level 4
Hi Loko,

Both of these services are dependent on the MSMQ service, so as you say it stops on a archive run, has the storage limit been reached so no new requests can be added to the queues, By default all comitted requests are flushed every 6 hours (microsoft setting). Also with windows 2003 SP2 the default storage limit was decreased from 8gig to 1 gig so check this and increase storage if needed.

Also check your storage locations do you have enough free space, in the event logs are there any warnings ?

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 If your processor is getting loaded maybe you dont have enough memory in the system

It is strange that an index rebuild would cause this.

What are the hardware specifications of the server

loko32
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hello Blue Nose,

thx for your quick answer.

i increase storage limit to 2 gig

after a reboot of the server services works fine.
You save my WE

thx a lot :)

grts,
Loko32

loko32
Level 5
Partner Accredited
I saw to late this question.
For this i have opened a new discussion.
because i have a lot of issues with recourse's

grts,
Loko32