cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Sharepoint] How to re'create ArchivingDocument Shortcuts ?

Mairie_de_Montp
Level 3

Hi,

My sharepoint policy enable to remove sharepoint archiving document'shortcut after one year old. (I think this propertie has been enabled after an upgrade from 10.02 to 10.0.4 EV version because no prbl before.)

Now, my libraries are empty. Only directories stay in.

How can i recreate shortcut from my archiving documents ? I can find them in EV'SearchCenter, but when i want to restore, its in Outlook.

i'm trying EVSPShortcutManager but no effect. (its use to recall files when shortcut exists)

Thks for your answers, and sorry for my bad english.

(similar prbl: http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/enterprise-vault-sharepoint-bulk-restore-archived-items-witho...)

4 REPLIES 4

plaudone
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Currently there is not a method to re-create the shortcuts in SharePoint outside of performing a restore from a backup of the SharePoint server.  

Mairie_de_Montp
Level 3

OK...tkhs for your answer...and bad news for me.

if i understand, i need to backup my sharepoint to have my documents in library, and re-archive them to create shortcuts ?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
There is a bulk restore tool though, maybe that would help? It will restore the data back from EV to SharePoint.
Working for cloudficient.com

Mairie_de_Montp
Level 3

yes, i think you talk about EVSPShortcutmanager...i was used it. But it restore only file from EV with a link to his shortcuts in SPS....My prbl is i dont have any shortcut in SPS.