cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions regarding the User right.

Peng_Khiong_T1
Level 3
Hi there,

Some questions regarding the User right.

Workstation not joining AD domain, user is local to workstation, but having the same name and password as user account in AD domain

When connect Outlook2003, will get prompt for user id & password; enter user id in the format of “domain\user”, this will get the user connected to the Exchange

When reading the archived email (with EV shortcut), will get a prompt for user id and password; again, enter the user id in the “domain\user” format, the full email will be retrieved from EV server.

No problem using “Archive Explorer” and “Search Vault”.

Now the question, when try to perform “store to vault” and “restore from vault”, it never successfully done. Always get error. I want to confirm that is this because the local user doesn’t have the right to the vault store? Is there any workaround?

Thanks,
Peng Khiong
2 REPLIES 2

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Sounds like you are using the Full DCOM client.

You can workaround this by either:-

1. Installing the HTTP client onto the workstation.
2. Changing the mailbox policy, desktop settings, Self-install Functions to on.  This will make the Full client act as the HTTP client.

Peng_Khiong_T1
Level 3
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.

And Yes, am installing full client.

So, I can have option of either uninstall the full client and change to HTTP client or change the policies for full client to act as HTTP client.

I will give it a try next Monday then.