cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some users will not Synchronize (errors 2776, 3196 and 3188 from Agent Client Broker)

James_Slack
Level 6

Hi,

Having issues trying to sync a few people.

A few, not all... nothing in common with the people having the issues. The accounts look fine and they are on a DC where other stuff seems to work normally.

Please see the attached log of what I get when I run a SYNC against a user having the issue:

----------------------------------------------
Event 2776 from Agent Client Broker

An exception occurred in routine

CAgentExchSynch::ReadExchPropertiesFromMailbox2k

Event 3196  from Agent Client Broker

An error has occured whilst synchronizing the properties of mailbox /O=Menzies Transport Services/OU=NTAMI/cn=Recipients/cn=joel.moulton on Exchange server PRMAIL02.

Error: An exception occurred in routine    [0xc0040ad8]

Internal: .\AgentExchSynch.cpp (CAgentExchSynch::SynchronizeMailboxEntryEx2) [lines {784,869,873,888,906,917,939,940,950}] built May 27 14:48:55 2008
Event 3188  from Agent Client Broker

An error occurred performing a request to synchronize the mailbox /O=Menzies Transport Services/OU=NTAMI/cn=Recipients/cn=joel.moulton.

Error: An exception occurred in routine    [0xc0040ad8]

I found an old forum post that said I should run dtrace against the faulting item, in this case, Agent Client Broker. Which I ran.

Here is the error when it failed (sorry for the length and if I have too much stuff / not enough).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am running EV 2007 on a 2003 ent server.

As I say, other users on the same exchange / ad are fine, but I have a handful of ones broken in this way.

Any idea what I can do? I have tried a reboot of both the EV server and the DC it is using.

Many thanks for your help

James

7 REPLIES 7

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited
what service pack level are you at with EV 2007? i see the same error code here but i don't know if it directly applies. have a look:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/306402.htm

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

That error code 0x80072030 maps to "no such object on the server"

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
James,

In the future please do not cut and past traces into the threads, that is why there is an attachment function.

I have stripped your post and included your log as an attachment.

James_Slack
Level 6
AndrewB: not sure on SP, but will check. Error message is not from the same thing so maybe not related.

EV Director: Thanks for the info. Strange thing is our Vault service account was the last thing to access that mailbox a few minutes ago, so it is there and working?!

Wayne: Sorry. Will do next time.

So, Vault is saying that it can't see the mailbox when it in fact can... any ideas anyone?

Cheers

James_Slack
Level 6
We are on 7.5 SP3.

Any ideas anyone? Really stuck here.

Cheers

James

Fadi_Freij
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello All,

I have the same problems, any help please.

Fadi_Freij
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Dear James,

Did you solve this issue, if yes, please post the solution here, because I am facing the same problem,
I have on provisioning group that have four mailbox, but the synchnrization failed for all of them,

Thanks in advance,