cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SqlDateTime overflow error is Discovery Accelerator

Leo_Wan
Level 5
Hi,

I have a problem with my newly installed Discovery Accelerator.

After I've successfully installed DA on the EV server and perform a simple search function, it comes up with an error as below:

=========================
Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. - SqlDateTime overflow. Must be between 1/1/1753 12:00:00 AM and 12/31/9999 11:59:59 PM.
Exception Info

Exception Stack Trace
at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at ASP.search_search_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
Inner Exception Stack Trace

Server stack trace:
at KVS.Accelerator.Search.Search.NewSearch(SearchesDS aSearchesDS, SearchCriteriaDS aSearchCriteria)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at :
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at KVS.Accelerator.Search.Search.NewSearch(SearchesDS aSearchesDS, SearchCriteriaDS aSearchCriteria)
at KVS.Accelerator.Web.BO.BO_Search.NewSearch(SearchCriteriaDS aSearchCriteriaDS)
at KVS.Accelerator.Web.BO.BO_SearchTool.NewSearch()
at AcceleratorWeb.Case.search.COMMON_SEARCH_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
=========================

I don't think this is a EV version problem cause the same symptom happen in both EV6 SP3 and EV7. Is anything goes wrong with the SQL Server settings? I'm using SQL 2005 Workgroup Edition.

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_Abell
Not applicable
Hi Leo,

we just had exactly the same issue. Symantec Support informed us of a Microsoft Hotfix for .net 2.0 that fixed the issue for us. This hotfix is available from Microsoft here:

http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=913766

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
It may be related to a mixture of regional date settings in the DA configuration. Do all the languages on the following match:

Client (browser)
IIS Server
SQL Server
DA Server

Is this an english install.

Also, I do not believe Workgroup edition is a certified version. You can verify with the Cert tables.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/276547

Leo_Wan
Level 5
Actually, I'm running everything on the same machine (though I understand DA is not suggested to run on the same EV and SQL Server), and all in English US. So I believe the Language may not be the root cause.

By the way, it Symantec told us that SQL 2005 Workgroup is supported for EV.

Any idea?

Ben_Abell
Not applicable
Hi Leo,

we just had exactly the same issue. Symantec Support informed us of a Microsoft Hotfix for .net 2.0 that fixed the issue for us. This hotfix is available from Microsoft here:

http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=913766

Leo_Wan
Level 5
Hi Ben,

Yes, we apply the same patch and the problem was fixed.

Thanks,
Leo