cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Archive Q stuck

itms-systems
Level 4

Hi all

The Storage archive Q is stuck with 1821 messages since yesterday. The EV server has been using 100% of CPU for StorageArchive.exe, and no emails were archived last night.

I restarted the EV server but didn't clear the Q.

How can I clear the Q? Any help are appreciate.

Cheers

Ying

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

itms-systems
Level 4

Thanks to all that tried to help.

The problem has been solved by disable one account for email archiving. One of account is used for Exchange server to handle spam email was enabled for email archiving and caused all sorts of issues. Disabled this account for email archiving and purged storage Archive Q. Both EV and SQL servers are happy again.

Cheers

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

first check that all the EV services have started after your reboot

then check that your tasks are started

you can try a manual run of one of the tasks and dtrace the storage service to see what's going on

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Just to expand on that dtrace storage archive and dtrace as dtracing storage server itself isn't gonna give you much Just as a matter of interest what version of ev and what storage?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

itms-systems
Level 4

All EV services started fine after reboot the server.

EV version is 8.0.4 on a windows 2008 EE 64bit. Vault store is a CIFS share on NetApp SAN.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I take it the error persists right? Just as a matter of interest if you go to where your msmq is stored on disk, whats the size of that location? It's possible you have breached the 1gb limit set by default on msmq in which case you would need to adjust the quota
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

AndrewB

good call JW!

if it is indeed set at the default of 1gb and you're over the limit then you'll need to go to the properties of the MSMQ on your server and increase it then restart MSMQ and then the EV services. i always change mine to 8gb.

itms-systems
Level 4

The MSMQ quota set to 5G on my EV server.

Will restart MSMQ causing any troulbes as there are messages stuck in Storage Archive Q?

I am planning to do a 'pending shortcut timeout' to clear the Storage Archive Q first, am I on the right track?

AndrewB

what's the size of your MSMQ location?

itms-systems
Level 4

How to change the size of MSMQ location?

The drive that assigned to MSMQ has hardly used (20G Hard Drive, still has 19.8G left)

AndrewB

Go to Computer Management and browse Services and Applications. Right click on Message Queuing and go to properties. In General tab, You can change the limit. It will require a restart of the MSMQ service.

itms-systems
Level 4

that is set to 5G

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

When you restart the storage service is there anything logged in the event log?

Best thing would be to setup a dtrace of the storagearchive process and restart the storage service. Leave for a few minutes then stop logging and post the log here for analysis.

itms-systems
Level 4

Thanks to all that tried to help.

The problem has been solved by disable one account for email archiving. One of account is used for Exchange server to handle spam email was enabled for email archiving and caused all sorts of issues. Disabled this account for email archiving and purged storage Archive Q. Both EV and SQL servers are happy again.

Cheers