cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Vault Outlook plug-in 9.0.1 on XenApp 5

SysadminIT
Level 2

Hi All,

I am having trouble at the moment with the roll out of Symantec Enterprise Vault Outlook plug-in. We are getting a number of users experiencing crashing of Outlook on the new version. I have only rolled it out to the two production box out of a possible 20. But we are finding that outlook is crashing frequently on two that we are testing. All the other boxes are identical so wondering if there is a problem with the plug-in. Any one else having  or had issues? Know a good way in trouble shooting the issue.

Many thanks.

Severs are:

Windows Server 08 Standard 64Bit

DL360 G6

XenApp5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SysadminIT
Level 2

There was no connection in the end to the vault. Seems it could be a Citrix/Microsoft related issue that popped up. We have upgraded all Servers in the end and logging the call with Microsoft.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

What version of Outlook is being used?  Can you capture any client traces, or userdumps of Outlook crashing?

Working for cloudficient.com

SysadminIT
Level 2

Thanks for the reply. We are using Office 2007 on all servers. I will see what I can do about getting the traces and user dumps.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay - sounds like a plan.  It might be hard to troubleshoot via the forums (userdumps are quite big normally) but we can see what we can do here, or you can log a call with Support..  Either way I think we/you need to start to look at the client traces, see if the crashes are happening in a similar place, and the userdumps.

SysadminIT
Level 2

There was no connection in the end to the vault. Seems it could be a Citrix/Microsoft related issue that popped up. We have upgraded all Servers in the end and logging the call with Microsoft.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay - I'm glad you got it sorted.  It might be worth explaining in more detail, here on the forums, when you have time (in case others encounter the same issue).