cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization conflict - Outlook

Alan_M
Level 6
Has anyone come across an issue where Outlook reports a synchronization conflict (Cached Exchange mode) where the conflict is an EV archived item and the original item that somehow still exists in the folder?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
I never have, but that's not saying much. First place I'd look for strangness is in the permissions of the mailbox itself.

micah

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Yes have seen that from time to time. Check EV release notes pretty sure there are fixes in for them. Unless of course you are already on V6 sp2 on server and client?

Michael_Corco1
Level 4
I am on 6 sp2 and having the same issues. One mailbox was fine, but the second one (cached mode) had this problem. On OWA (2000) it looks fine.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Should not be anything to do with permissions.
Issues like this have been fixed (so assuming you are on V6 sp2 server and client)
then the way forward is to get a set of reproducible steps and then next is to contact support. They should try and get copies of the messages you are using and see if they can repro and go from there.
We often speak to microsoft on these I think because they can tell us what's triggered the conflict.

Michael_Corco1
Level 4
Thanks but I will leave that level of debugging to Symantec. :)

However, it looks like we enabled his EV archiving while he had Outlook 2003 open but before the EV extensions were locally installed. He wound up with hundreds of conflicting messages - each set had one message with an archived icon and one without. I am guessing that EV dropped message stubs into his cached mode offline file and then deleted the original message in the Exchange server - but that somehow the profile never got the message from EV or Exchange to remove the message from the profile. All non-cached views of this mailbox and OWA showed the correct messages.