cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncronise FSA

Richard_ware
Level 5
Can someone tell me what happens when the Vault server performs a sync with the Archive servers,?

thanks

Richard
10 REPLIES 10

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
It is synching up the archive permissions with the folder\share permissions.

Richard_ware
Level 5
could it have anything to do with hanging the Vault services on the Vault server requiring a reboot

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
By default it only occurs at midnight I believe. When do the services hang?

Richard_ware
Level 5
the next morning when we all get in, and the whole company start getting network problems. No file retreival is possible till i reboot the Vault server, restarting the services is not good enough. I did a manual resync at lunchtime and the same happened. As the whole network is affected could it be affecitng the RPC services?

Regards

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Richard,
If I was you, I'd contact symantec support on this. I know a hotfix for FSA was recently released that may address your issue. I didn't see it available on the public website (*grumble*), so you'll need to contact support directly.
Also be sure you're ignoring *.ini files on your FSA archive runs. You may want to do a search on your FSA archives, and then dump those back to your fileserver, after you modify your rulesets.

micah

Richard_ware
Level 5
Way ahead of you Micah

speaking to Principle application consultant tomorrow about this and a host of other "problems" (After threatening to return our 15K investment) not least the issue that the install guy ( 3rd Party compnay) should have knowm NOT to archive *.* and certain files (or for that matter know about the hotfix)

speaking of which have you any further info on the hotfix.

Regards

richard

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Micah is right. There is a hotfix for FSA synchronization. It sounds exactly like your issue where the EV Server hangs during synchronization. You will need to contact support for it since it's not publicly available. Sorry I don't have the hot fix number.

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Yeah, my inside guys didn't toss me the # either. You may want to make a seperate post announcing the hotfix and it's # so that others with FSA don't run in to it.

micah

Richard_ware
Level 5
Rec'd HF583530 today, will install tonight and see if it helps.

Thanks

Richard_ware
Level 5
Hotfix did the trick, seemed to sync 2 x per server. no lock ups or lack of comes next morning.

would advise anyone with large amount of files archived on FSA to install this fix. there is obviously a threshold at which it falls over which is why it was okay up to a point.
thanks