cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Status in Admin Console not showing?

JJClements
Level 3

Hi,

I am using Enterprise Vault 8.0.4 and have just created a lab environment for some testing. Everything is working so far but for some reason I have a minor issue whereby I am unable to see the System Status in the Administraton Console (in the status pane.) I have checked, and under site properties monitoring is enabled for the site with multiple alerts. I also ran the Operations Manager Web App Configuration wizard just incase the system status information was actually just some sort iframe that was displaying data from that site or something silly. Is there any reason why I wouldn't be seeing the Status option?

Its driving me crazy! It must be something so obvious I am missing?

11 REPLIES 11

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello JJ

Wait. It should show immediately. You maght want to rightclick on it, and then do a re-run checks.

GJ

Regards. Gertjan

JJClements
Level 3

Hi GJ,

Thanks for your reply. I finished setting up my lab environment last night. I will wait until tomorrow and see if it appears.

Thanks for your help - it just looks like I might have been a little impatient!

James Clements

JJClements
Level 3

I have waited but I still cannot see the System Status in the admin console! Am I missing something here? Do I need to install or configure something else?

James Clements

GertjanA

No errors? Anything in eventlog? Is your dotnet properly configured?

What happens if you rightclick the 'status overview' in the console and do a 'refresh'?

Regards. Gertjan

JJClements
Level 3

Hi GJ,

That's the issue - I cant see the status overview in the console! Is there something I need to do to enable the status overview? Screenshot attached :)

James

GertjanA

install dotnet 3.5SP1 (or verify it is installed properly). If installed, you might need to re-register.

check regkey hklm\software\microsoft\NET Framwork Setup\NDP\v3.5 if it exists and if it has a value called Install = 1

re-register = something like "

aspnet_regiis -i

run deploymentscanner to verify it is ok.

Regards. Gertjan

JJClements
Level 3

dotnet 3.5 sp1 is installed.I checked the regkey and install was already set to 1.

I have re-registered all versions of dotnet (excluding 3.5 as it is not a standalone framework it is only an extension of the v2 dotnet framework) and still I dont have the System Status in the Admin Console!

I am not missing a separate component that needs to be installed or something hrere am I?

GertjanA

Hi JJ,

Sorry, I'm drawing a blank here. I'd suggest you contact support on this.

Regards. Gertjan

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

sometimes it`s occur when you working with Hyper-v\Vmware

try to reinstall Enterprise vault bin files.

Ronen

JJClements
Level 3

Well I didnt want to have to install SP5 because the System Status indicator should have been working with SP4 but after installing SP5 this issue has been resolved. I now have the System Status indicator in the Admin Console.

Thanks to everyone that offered assistance :)

GertjanA

Hello JJ,

Can you please mark a post as a solution?

Thanks.

Regards. Gertjan