cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off Auto-Enabler for a Public Folder

JayScovill
Level 4

If I want to be able to assign a different retention policy to an public folder archive that has been created via auto-enabler is there any problem with changing the root public folder back to a standard target and then creating a new target for the sub folder I want a different retention policy for?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sorry for the delay, yes I do believe you could use EVPM (policy manager) for this.

The Utilities guide has more info and there is an entire section for Public Folders.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

It might be easiest to change the properties on that actual folder itself.  Use Outook on the EV Server and open the properties of the the Public Folder if you do not have it locked down you might be able to change it there.

Also, not sure if you have seen this but it is PF best practice technote.

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO37395

JayScovill
Level 4

Thanks. I read through the best practices but it doesn't tell me how I would assign a different retention policy to an auto-enabler PF archive.  Or is that something that can be accomplished through the Policy Manager?

TonySterling

Sorry for the delay, yes I do believe you could use EVPM (policy manager) for this.

The Utilities guide has more info and there is an entire section for Public Folders.