cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access archived items on shared mailbox

sixarm
Level 3

Hi,

I have a couple of users that are unable to access archived items with attachments within a shared mailbox. The users in question have their personal mailbox as the main mailbox within Outlook (2010) and then have the department mailbox as an additional mailbox. Within Exchange they have Full Access permissions along with Send As permissions on the department mailbox, this is granted via the membership of the department AD group. Within EV the AD group has automatically been set Read, Write and Delete permissions, as expected.

When a user attempts to open an archived email by double-clicking, they see a yellow banner along the top of the email window saying that the email has been archived but they don't see the attachment, only the text placeholder at the foot of the email.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this issue any further so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

We're running EV v9.0.2.1061.

Many thanks. :)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Check to see if 'Allow scripts in shared folders' is enabled.

File -> Options

Trust Center

Email Security.

You can also set this to 'Force On' in the users Desktop Policy in the VAC (then sychronise the mailbox settings, and then restart Outlook)

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Check to see if 'Allow scripts in shared folders' is enabled.

File -> Options

Trust Center

Email Security.

You can also set this to 'Force On' in the users Desktop Policy in the VAC (then sychronise the mailbox settings, and then restart Outlook)

sixarm
Level 3

Thanks Rob, spot on!

Although the 'Force On' option was set within the Desktop Policy, none of the users had that option ticked within Outlook.

I shall now set this via Group Policy.

Thanks for the swift response!

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Swift is my middle name ...  actually, it's not.  

Glad to help.