cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open Archived emails.

Jun1or
Level 5

I am exporting archived emails from one mailbox and importing into a different mailbox, when the user tries opening the email he receives.

'Your account does not have access to the vault containing this item. Try using the same logon Details you would use to log on to Microsoft Exchange Server'

I thought exporting emails from the mailbox will retreive the emails from the Vault? Please advise.

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

No, you are just exporting the shortcuts.  If you want the original items in the mailbox you should export them from the archive.  You can use the Export Archive wizard and moved the contents of the archive to the mailbox.

Starting the export with the Export Archive wizard

When you are ready to export archived items to PST files or mailboxes, follow the instructions below to start the Export Archive wizard.

To start the export
  1. In the left-hand pane of the Administration Console, right-click the Archives icon.
  2. On the shortcut menu, click Export.
  3. Work through the Export Archive wizard to complete the export.

See About the Export Archive wizard

/apps/media/inquira/resources /resources

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO37346

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

No, you are just exporting the shortcuts.  If you want the original items in the mailbox you should export them from the archive.  You can use the Export Archive wizard and moved the contents of the archive to the mailbox.

Starting the export with the Export Archive wizard

When you are ready to export archived items to PST files or mailboxes, follow the instructions below to start the Export Archive wizard.

To start the export
  1. In the left-hand pane of the Administration Console, right-click the Archives icon.
  2. On the shortcut menu, click Export.
  3. Work through the Export Archive wizard to complete the export.

See About the Export Archive wizard

/apps/media/inquira/resources /resources

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO37346

Jun1or
Level 5

Thanks Tony.

What if the end user wants to export the emails within Outlook? Or evening move them into a folder on a network share?

TonySterling

They will need to restore them. 

Can you share the use-case?  Maybe there is an easier solution?

Jun1or
Level 5

Thanks Tony.

I used Archived Explorer to restore the item, I can see these in Restored Items folder.