cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade EV - what changes?

trooper
Level 3
we are planning an upgrade from v6sp4 to v8sp1 via 7 and 7.5 but I was wondering what is actually changed with regard to files, specifically are any changes made to either the Vault Store files, the Index files or Vault Shopping files?

or is it just the program files and sql databases

thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 You mean during the upgrade itself?  Only the program files, and when you run the EV configuration the EV databases are updated.  Indexes, archives files etc. do not get touched during an upgrade.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Would you care to elaberate a bit more?

Read the updates.htm to see a list of changes.

Yes a lot as changed since 6:
Indexes - (I would suggest going with structured)
OSIS - So the way the savesets are written is also diffrent now, you dont just have dvs.

Search this forum for another post I did for the diffrences between savesets (old and new)

--wayne

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 You mean during the upgrade itself?  Only the program files, and when you run the EV configuration the EV databases are updated.  Indexes, archives files etc. do not get touched during an upgrade.

trooper
Level 3
thanks John
thats what I was getting at - I just need to be sure what has changed just in case the upgrade fails and i need to backout
this means that as part of the restore i won't need to wait 20+hours waiting for archives etc restoring from tape

thanks