cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from 5.0CP2 to 5.0SP5... documentation/help?

Hostmaster
Not applicable
Hi all,

I'm looking for some documentation regarding an upgrade from EV5.0 CP2 to 5.0 SP5. I have the 5.0 SP5 CD and I can't seem to find ANY information on the upgrade process. The CD only seems to cover a fresh install and the only mention of "upgrade" or "upgrading" I can find is in relation to the licensing arrangements.

I've tried walking through the beginning of the install process and looking for blatant upgrade steps, but nothing seems obvious to me.

Any help on the matter would be really appreciated. I realise that most of the discussion revolves around more recent versions of the program, but if anyone can find anything useful, I'd be very, very grateful.

Thanks,
Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Tim,
Wow!  why so far back?  You  realize EV 5 has meet its End of Life, right?  :)

Basically it is this.

1. Back Up your Vault Server data, indexes, and SQL Databases.
2. Stop IIS Admin Service, and all dependent services.
3. Stop The EV Admin service and all dependent services (This will include all Vault services under it)
4. Run setup.exe from the Server Directory (Typically the \EnterpriseVault\Server folder)
5. Normally the server does not need to be rebooted after installation, but if it asks you to,
that is because of the environment.
6. Restart services in this order:
IIS Admin (followed by the dependent services that were stopped)
Vault Admin Service
Vault Directory Service
Vault Index Service

If you have the EV 5 sp5 binaries you will see a documentation folder in the path */Enterprise Vault 5.0 SP5/Documentation.  Open the SnapIn.chm and it has a section called Upgrading to Enterprise Vault 5.0. 

I highly recommend getting to EV 6, 7, or 2007 asap.  :)

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Tim,
Wow!  why so far back?  You  realize EV 5 has meet its End of Life, right?  :)

Basically it is this.

1. Back Up your Vault Server data, indexes, and SQL Databases.
2. Stop IIS Admin Service, and all dependent services.
3. Stop The EV Admin service and all dependent services (This will include all Vault services under it)
4. Run setup.exe from the Server Directory (Typically the \EnterpriseVault\Server folder)
5. Normally the server does not need to be rebooted after installation, but if it asks you to,
that is because of the environment.
6. Restart services in this order:
IIS Admin (followed by the dependent services that were stopped)
Vault Admin Service
Vault Directory Service
Vault Index Service

If you have the EV 5 sp5 binaries you will see a documentation folder in the path */Enterprise Vault 5.0 SP5/Documentation.  Open the SnapIn.chm and it has a section called Upgrading to Enterprise Vault 5.0. 

I highly recommend getting to EV 6, 7, or 2007 asap.  :)

Regards,