Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Cache strategy when upgrade PC OS + Outlook

Ching-Yoong
Level 3

Hi,

The scenario for my question is as follow:

-EV 10.0

-Exchange 2003(will be upgrade to Exchange 2010 soon)

-Will use EV10.0 Outlook HTTP-Only Add-In for Outlook 2003 SP3 on Windows XP SP3 PC

-All users will have Virtual Vault setup for all archived items available on the PC

-We plan to upgrade our desktop to Windows 7 + Outlook 2010 next year using new SOE image.

To minimised the impact on the users + EV server to re-sync the vault cache after OS upgrade, Is it possible to

-first copy the Vault Cache contents (MDC + CC) from the currently user "%HOMEPATH%\Local Settings\Application Data\KVS\Enterprise Vault\<STOREKEYDOR>" from the user's desktop to a network share prior to OS upgrade

-then after new OS + Office 2010 image install, have user login to the PC + Outlook to re-initiated the Outlook profile + EV add-in then closed Outlook

-Then copy the old Vault Cache contents (MDC + CC) from XP/Outlook2003 PC above from network share to the user's Win7/Outlook2010 PC "%HOMEPATH%\Local Settings\Application Data\KVS\Enterprise Vault\<STOREKEYDOR>"

Just wander will this work?? Or is ther another better way to deal with this scenario to reduce impact for all users to re-sync their PC's Vault Cache after we upgrade the PC OS + Outlook with new image that will take alot of time and put pressure on the EV servers.

CY

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Sounds feasible but I would suggest a test. Also one point to note is that XP and Windows 7 use diferent paths for the users data:

XP - C:\Documents and Settings\fred_bloggs\Local Settings\Application Data\KVS\Enterprise Vault

Windows 7 - C:\Users\fred_bloggs\AppData\Local\KVS\Enterprise Vault

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Sounds feasible but I would suggest a test. Also one point to note is that XP and Windows 7 use diferent paths for the users data:

XP - C:\Documents and Settings\fred_bloggs\Local Settings\Application Data\KVS\Enterprise Vault

Windows 7 - C:\Users\fred_bloggs\AppData\Local\KVS\Enterprise Vault