cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Rights

KG
Level 3
I have been adding users to EV and one thing I noticed is when you go to search you can see all the other users that have been added to EV. However, the permissions deny you from searching the users vault, unless you grant access of course. Is there a way to remove other users from seeing vaults other than their own?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Someone should only to be able to see vaults that they have permissions too. Are you syncing inherited permissions from the mailboxes? I would check the permissions on the vaults and see what permissions are assigned.

After that, you should be able to figure out why the other vaults are appearing in the search page.

Rick_Krieger_-_
Level 3
On a fresh install of EV... even the vault service account (VSA) doesn't have permissions to search other archives... (i.e. if you are logged into the ev server and you right click a user archive under archives... you won't see the "search archives" item at the top of the context menu unless you go to 'permissions' first and add the VSA and give it at least read permissions.

Maybe you have a policy where everyone has reviewer permissions on everyones calendar? if so then everyone would have access to some portion of everyones archve (i.e. the calendar data.) so... the would show up in the list.

If you can see other peoples archives right off the bat then something else is going on.