Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault cache not enabling

mickelingon
Level 5
Partner
Hi

I've upgraded from EV 7.5 sp6 to EV 8.0 sp4. I've enabled vault cache and virtual vault and in the policy it's user decide.
But no option is turning up under tools->enterprise vault.
And in the client status it says vault cache never enabled, disabled by administrator.

They have been using offline vault before the upgrade.

Mike
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
remember after changing the policy a sync has to occur by the mailbox and you have to be using outlook cached mode as opposed to non cached if you havent set that in the policy, once you turn on cache mode you should get prompted

only oter thing i can suggest other than that is scanost.exe as sometimes the hidden message never gets updated in the users OST file so it reads stale configuration settings
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MichelZ
Level 6
Have you upgraded only the server, or the client's, too?

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

JesusWept3
Level 6
remember after changing the policy a sync has to occur by the mailbox and you have to be using outlook cached mode as opposed to non cached if you havent set that in the policy, once you turn on cache mode you should get prompted

only oter thing i can suggest other than that is scanost.exe as sometimes the hidden message never gets updated in the users OST file so it reads stale configuration settings
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you have a client trace?
Working for cloudficient.com

mickelingon
Level 5
Partner
Hi

We have uppgraded the clients as well.
We use cache mode in outlook.
Have syncronised the mailboxes after running provisioning task placing the users in a new policy.

One question is that before this upgrade the "old" policy was set up for offline vault. When upgrading this should be set in read only mode and vault cache should be used. Could there be something wrong here? The user is missing reg keys for OVenable etc. Setting them manually will not work.

Client trace doesnt say anthing about vault cache

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Please attach the full client trace.
Working for cloudficient.com