cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Views in users mailfile

R_G1
Level 3

I can see that EV has some hidden views inside users mailfile, recently I have replaced design of one mailfile to standard but I still see those views in that mailfile. I thought it would get rid of those views but it didn't.

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If I understand you correct, you are referring to the views inside the mailfile. Those views are not actually updated by template nor created. EV uses them for archiving and retrieval operations. When you replace the design from EV to standard, the views are not removed because they are not managed by template design modification. The views are updated by EV Task periodically.

AFAIK, These views are kept intact, only for a reason in case where even after changing the template design, user might need to access the archived data.

I hope that helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

When you said "users mailfile", are you refering to user mailbox? If so, what views are you refering to? Could you please provide more details?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What exactly are you trying to do?

You can use the Domino mailfile tool to zap the profile.

Domino Profile Document Tool syntax

Article:HOWTO58402  |  Created: 2011-08-01  |  Updated: 2013-07-12  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO58402

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If I understand you correct, you are referring to the views inside the mailfile. Those views are not actually updated by template nor created. EV uses them for archiving and retrieval operations. When you replace the design from EV to standard, the views are not removed because they are not managed by template design modification. The views are updated by EV Task periodically.

AFAIK, These views are kept intact, only for a reason in case where even after changing the template design, user might need to access the archived data.

I hope that helps.

R_G1
Level 3

Thanks everyone for replies.

@ GabeV: Yes I am talking about the views inside users mailfile/mailbox.All the EV related views.

@ Tony: Profile document is not the convern here.

@Advisor: Thanks, thats exatctly what I mean to say. Ok, replacing the design has nothing to do with views of EV then. Good to know, thanks for detailed explanation.

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Glad to help.