cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Vault Not Displaying In The Navigation Bar

Jvansym
Level 3

Hello Everyone,

I'm having an issue with one particular user where his Virtual Vault is not displaying in the navigation bar in Outlook. We are currently using Outlook 2007 SP2 with Exchange 2007 SP1 and EV 8.0 SP4. The outlook add-in version that is installed is Build 8.0.4.2019.

We have seen this before with a few other users and have usually fixed the issue by reinstalling Outlook and the EV add-in on the users computer however this one is being a bit more stubborn. Also another strange behavior is that this user claims when they are connected through Outlook Anywhere (https) that their virtual vault appears fine in the navigation pane however when they are in the office or connected through VPN that the vault no longer appears on the navigation pane. I have verified that the user can resolve the name of our EV admin server without issue while connected to our network and through VPN.The user is also setup in caching mode for outlook.

To make matters a bit more difficult the OS and Outlook client are both in German so i have been trying to compare screens from an English client that i have with his German client to figure out what exactly is happening. The EV toolbar displays correctly at the top of the Outlook Window however if I try to synchronize the vault cache i get a screen that i believe says that there are no vaults available. I have verified that this user has the correct permissions to the vault and like mentioned before he is able to access it while using outlook anywhere.

I have tried most of the standard things to resolve the problem:

Reinstalled EV client, Reinstalled Outlook, Created new outlook profile, deleted the vault cache. ran the fixevclient.exe tool, ran the office diagnostics, kicked off a re index of the archive, tried resynchronizing the mailbox, disabled and then re enabled the mailbox archiving and none of these seem to have done the trick.  

I'm hoping that there may be something that i am missing or have not tried yet that could possibly help resolve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

heres your issue

15/02/2011 17:25:59.545[7984]: DesktopCommon::UseRPCOverHTTP: 0x0
15/02/2011 17:25:59.545[7984]: RPC over HTTP is enabled (flags = 39)

You most likely have RPC over HTTP restrictions set to Disable Virtual Vault in the Desktop Policy

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi

Is Outlook in cached mode? If not, have you set the key in the policy to have VV without OST file (ost file required = N)

If this user logs on to a different computer of a colleague who DOES have Virtual Vault, does he alos get Virtual Vault (ie is it on his machine only, or on his profile?)

Furthermore, you might want to get a client trace to examine. Open Outlook, press CTRL+SHIFT, click on an Enterprise Vault Icon in the toolbar, set tracing to max, include virtual vault. Close/start outlook, try to enable VV. Press CTRL+SHIFT+icon, open log, select all, copy/past in notepad, attach notepad to this thread. (or go through it yourself for errors/warnings))

GJ

Regards. Gertjan

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I'd agree, a client trace will tell us more, and it'll show whether Outlook is in online, or cached mode.

Working for cloudficient.com

Jvansym
Level 3

I have attached the client log. I'm not seeing anything in the way of errors, at least nothing that really stands out to me but i'm still new to EV.

The clients should be in caching mode however during the troubleshooting process i had set up a new profile for him without caching enabled just to see if it would solve his issue so i'm not sure as to whether this log was created when he was in caching or out of caching mode.  I have not had him try and connect to another machine and see if his vault displays, i can have him attempt this tomorrow and let me know what the result is.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

heres your issue

15/02/2011 17:25:59.545[7984]: DesktopCommon::UseRPCOverHTTP: 0x0
15/02/2011 17:25:59.545[7984]: RPC over HTTP is enabled (flags = 39)

You most likely have RPC over HTTP restrictions set to Disable Virtual Vault in the Desktop Policy

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146