cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong icons archived messages

rvdhooff
Level 3
Two of our users reported that they have the wrong icons. They see a icon with the unread email envelope instead of the vault icon. The message class is IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut. If a user dragged a message to the Mail Archive the icon changes to the unread envelope icon if the message is actually archived (and the message class is changed to IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut).

All of the the forms are installed (version 7.5.1-001)
With the "Design a Form" option I can see that the form haves the correct icon.
Reinstalling the client doesn't help.
Followed the instructions in : http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/281728.htm, but this all doesn't help.

VERSION INFORMATION
Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Professional (Build 6000)
Outlook 12
Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16546
Enterprise Vault 705010000

Anyone suggestions?
35 REPLIES 35

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi there

Are those "new" Users?
Then I'd suggest to just open up such a Message, close it, close Outlook, open Outlook again, and all should be fine :)

If not, we have to digg deeper.

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

rvdhooff
Level 3
Thank you for your quick reaction.

These users aren't new, but almost the whole company (5000 users) changed to Vista and Microsoft Office 2007. Since the change of laptop these users reported this problem. These 2 users reported this problem, but I think more urers have this problem but didn't reported it a the servicedesk. Almost any other user I have seen hasn't got this problem. I know for experience that some users are lazy in reporting problems where the impact isn't high enough. The problem is limited to a very small group.

Your suggestion doesn't work either. We know that normally after opening a message and closing alle of the icons changes to the correct one. Tried this several times after each step we have taken.

Message Edited by rvdhooff on 12-06-2007 12:08 AM

MichelZ
Level 6
Hi there

Clearing the Forms Cache may help:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/281728.htm

Cheers
Michel

rvdhooff
Level 3
Thank you for your reaction: If you read the Openings Post you can see that I have already followed this procedure, but this isn't a solution for this problem.

MichelZ
Level 6
Oh, my fault.
Totally missed that one.

Are those clients running in cached mode?
If yes, could you try disabling cached mode, restarting Outlook and see if this helps?

Cheers
Michel

rvdhooff
Level 3
Temporarly disabling the Exchange Cache mode is also not a solution. We are using notebooks so this option is absolutely necessary. We also created a new profile without the Exchange Cache mode, but this is also not a solution.

That's the reason why I posted on this board. I don't know any solution anymore. :p

MichelZ
Level 6
Hi

I'm aware that this is not a solution, this is called "Troubleshooting Process".
If it works without Cache, then we know what causes the Problem and can focus on this....
So, does it work without cache or not? :)

Cheers
Michel

rvdhooff
Level 3
As I said in my previous post disabling Echange Cache didn't work. Temporarly disabling in the existing profile or disabling the cache in a new profile both didn't work.

MichelZ
Level 6
Could you try this one next:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/293258.htm

rvdhooff
Level 3
Tried it via ResetEvClient.exe, but that didn't work.

Als tried the same steps manually.
removed the outcmd.dat, extend.dat and frmchache.dat manually.
Reregistered the Valkyrie.dll manually
That didn't work (but I knew that if ResetEvClient.exe didn't work this alsno shouldn't work).

Removed the whole KVS offline store (with the Enterprise Vault Diagnostics and manually).

Also performed the following steps in one part before opening Outlook.
Removed C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Local\KVS
Removed C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
Removed C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FORMS
Removed C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Romaing\Microsoft\FORMS
Removed C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook
Started ResetEVClient.exe as the user
Started ResetEVClient.exe as a administrator (otherwise in Vista the registering of the Valkyrie.dll doesn't work).

Created a new Outlook Profile
Started Outlook
Checked the forms (installed correctly).
But still the icons have the wrong icons.

MichelZ
Level 6
Seems to be a really nasty one.
If you copy the forms to the Personal Forms library of the User, will he then Pick up the Forms?
Unfortunately, I'm running out of ideas here :(

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Copy the forms to the personal forms. if that works at least we have an idea of where the problem is.

Jim S

rvdhooff
Level 3
The forms are copied to the  Personal Forms from the start. We also uses the DeployFormsLocally (with value 2) key in the register..

Tyrone
Level 3
Employee Accredited
Hi,

Did you manage to find a resolution for this problem as I have a user with exactly the same problem...Outlook 2007 on Vista where the archived items show as unread mail icons but the form actually works fine? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Tyrone

rvdhooff
Level 3
We don't have any solution. In the meanwhile more users reported that they have the same problem.. The only thing left is to report this issue to Symantec Technical Services and we will do this today. I'll keep you posted.

Tyrone
Level 3
Employee Accredited
Thanks so much, I look forward to hearing from you.

Tyrone
Level 3
Employee Accredited
Have you managed to find any resolutions to the problem yet?

Tyrone

rvdhooff
Level 3

Case is still open and i'm waiting for reaction from Symantec. in the meanwhile we know that the problem is greater than we thought. There are more than 100+ users with this problem.

The last reaction of Symantec is almost 2 weeks ago and there not responding to my status update requests. I think it’s time to contact our Account Manager to speed something up.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
I'm not going to read back through the thread but if I repeat some info then just ignore.

Did you try running fixmapi.exe on the client?

Jim S.