Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

administrator access to all archives

Bekir
Level 4
Partner
Hello all,

On a customer site, a domain admin needs to access to all exchange e-mail archives. There is no journaling done on the site. So what would be the best practice to have the domain admin accessing all archived e-mails. I've read it already has access but I do not exactly remember how to read contents of e-mails.

Any help is appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Olivian_Retezan
Level 4
Hi there,

As far as I remember, the permissions from Exchange side (mailbox permissions) are synchronized to the EV archives, so, if the user has the rights on the mailboxes, it will also have rights on the archives.

As for accessing the archived items, you could set an Outlook profile for a speciffic mailbox and then you can open the archived items. Another way is to use the Archive Explorer and search there (all the archives where the user has access will be listed.

Please let me know if you would need more help on this.

Hope this helps.
Olivian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Olivian_Retezan
Level 4
Hi there,

As far as I remember, the permissions from Exchange side (mailbox permissions) are synchronized to the EV archives, so, if the user has the rights on the mailboxes, it will also have rights on the archives.

As for accessing the archived items, you could set an Outlook profile for a speciffic mailbox and then you can open the archived items. Another way is to use the Archive Explorer and search there (all the archives where the user has access will be listed.

Please let me know if you would need more help on this.

Hope this helps.
Olivian

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
 Remember though, if you want to do anything significant to the archives, eg searching across them all, then you should use Discovery Accelerator.
Working for cloudficient.com

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
If you want permissions to all archives, but don't want to give access to the mailboxes, then I suggest you use EV Policy Manager as per this technote - support.veritas.com/docs/321592

So this script would give the user Admin Read/Write/Delete access to all mailbox archives.

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName=kvsvault
SiteName=archivesite
[ArchivePermissions]
ArchiveName = ALL_MAILBOX
GrantAccess = read write delete, ourdomain\Admin