cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

archiving and un-archiving question

ChrisGardner
Level 3

I am have been thrown into Enterprise Vault for Exchange 8.0, we recently purchased the prodcut, I worked with a vendor to get it installed and configured.  Now I am running through testing archiving and PST migrations.

I have setup a provisioning group, desktop policy, mailbox policy, and PST migration policy.  I have used my mailbox as a test.

Is there a process to unarchive a mailbox (I would like to change settings and test different scenarios) and is there a way to run the archiving and un-archiving to take effect immediatly? 

Chris Gardner
1 REPLY 1

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Archiving will run based on the site or task schedule set up for your mailbox, or you can right click the task and do a run now
to perform an unarchive, you can go to the Vault Admin Console and right click Archives and go to Export Archive Wizard to where you can export everything to its original location in the maiilbox (you could if you want also do specific folders and have EV delete the items from the archive once the restore has complete)

Or you can go in to the mailbox itself with the EV Client and if you have the desktop policy set appropriately, manually restore items by selecting multiple items and do a restore from vault

however there is no way to schedule the unarchive process, it is all manual
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146