Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to delete the mails from the archive

Charles_C
Level 4

Hi,

I want to delete the archived mail from the lotus notes client,

I tried several ways such as (1. select the mails, press delete button), (2. select the mails, press enterprise vault delet from the ev tool bar)

those actions can make all the archived mails disappearing from my lotus notes client.

however, when I tried to do a search on the ev administration console, the deleted mails are still here. (i believe it did not delete on db and storage partition)

is there anyway to delete the mails on  ev administration console, lotus notes client , db and enterprise vault storage partitiion, too?

on the other hand, i tried to modify the data retention policy, can i change the data retention policy on the archived mail? seems not?right?

just curious about the storage expiry on the site proporties, what is the main different betweeen data retention policy and storage expiry ??

thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Amit_Dol
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Not sure why this needs to be done and why you need to allow user to delete archived email when shortcut has been delete. Administrator does not allow this because of e-discovery

To Delete archived email when user deletes shortcuts there should be following settings set

1) On Site properties there is setting "Users can delete items from their archives" which should be turn on (checked)

2) Under policies->domino->desktop policy there is setting "Shortcut Deletion" in Option Tab of desktop policy, please choose appropriate value

"Shortcut" Only is what your current behaviour

"Both Deleted" This will delete both shortcut and archived email

"Ask User" this will prompt user whether they are sure to delete archived email also.

After doing this settings please ensure that you restart all EV Services.

Ans 2) I don't think using Lotus Notes Client it is possible to change retention category; but not sure on this front

Ans 3) Retention category is applied to items when they are archived based on retention category applied to that user in provision group target. Storage Expiry runs on schedule which delete all the items who has been expired i.e. Let say Retention Category of 1 year is applied to items then after 1 year they will eligible for epiry and storage expiry when runs on its scheduled will pick up those items and delete them from archive.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Amit_Dol
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Not sure why this needs to be done and why you need to allow user to delete archived email when shortcut has been delete. Administrator does not allow this because of e-discovery

To Delete archived email when user deletes shortcuts there should be following settings set

1) On Site properties there is setting "Users can delete items from their archives" which should be turn on (checked)

2) Under policies->domino->desktop policy there is setting "Shortcut Deletion" in Option Tab of desktop policy, please choose appropriate value

"Shortcut" Only is what your current behaviour

"Both Deleted" This will delete both shortcut and archived email

"Ask User" this will prompt user whether they are sure to delete archived email also.

After doing this settings please ensure that you restart all EV Services.

Ans 2) I don't think using Lotus Notes Client it is possible to change retention category; but not sure on this front

Ans 3) Retention category is applied to items when they are archived based on retention category applied to that user in provision group target. Storage Expiry runs on schedule which delete all the items who has been expired i.e. Let say Retention Category of 1 year is applied to items then after 1 year they will eligible for epiry and storage expiry when runs on its scheduled will pick up those items and delete them from archive.

shailesh866
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Let us know the following :

1) In the EVSite - Properties - Archive Settings
- Is the "Users can delete items from their archives" - checked?

2) ) In the EVSite - Policies - Desktop - Options - Notes Behavior - what is it set at?