cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question regarding Vault store service account in exchange 2003/2010 org.

Magnus_SE
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Got a Question regarding VS service account. A company got one Exchange 2003 and one 2010. In near future they are going to migrate to the exchange 2010.First they are going to start archiving mail from ex2003 and after that do the migration.

Right now im doing my part planning for an upgrade of EV to v10 and was reading about the exchange throttling policy for exchange 2010. I read in the installing and configuration guide for EV 10 that  have to move the EV SA mbox to the ex2010 an run the powershell script(setevthrottlingpolisy.ps).

Now my question: do I need/can I move the EV SA account back to exch 2003 without any problems? Or is it ok to have the EV SA account on the ex 2010 and still start archiving on ex 2003? As i understand it´s ok as long as EV system MboX exist on both Exch. servers and send as permision is granted to EV SA account.

Am I right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Like RahulG said,'before exchange 2010 came along the VSA only needed to be an account and didn't need a mailbox, but with exchange 2010 you do, so just move the mailbox to 2010 and just leave it there, no reason to move it back
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

It is not mandatory for ev service account to have a mailbox, So it does not matter on which server you have the ev service account mailbox  . When you configure the archiving task you need a system mailbox which needs to be on the exchange server for which you are creating the task .

JesusWept3
Level 6
Like RahulG said,'before exchange 2010 came along the VSA only needed to be an account and didn't need a mailbox, but with exchange 2010 you do, so just move the mailbox to 2010 and just leave it there, no reason to move it back
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Oops I missed that , Yes Agree to Jesuswep2 for exchange 2010 we need the mailbox for vault service account

Magnus_SE
Level 4

Thanks Guys!! great forum! especial for a novice EV guy!

Magnus_SE
Level 4

BTW, like your alias