Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scheduled archive dont work

K_G
Level 6
Partner Accredited

hi,

1 user scheduled archive dont work.

running manuel archiving aplies the mbx policy and it archives 1 week older items.

but in site setting 7*24 archiving setted.but no actions happen until 2 days.

how can i solve this problem,which log we need and how can i collect?

thanks.. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Also, don't have the mailbox scheduled for the entire 24 hours.  You need stop the task while you are backing up.  If you are going to have to the schedule run for the entire day you should put in a 15 minute break like every 4 or 6 hours to let the process reset.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Check if the correct policy is appied to the user ?

In the VAC you can right click Exchange and select display polices assigned to the user.

Did you ran an EVPM script on that user's mailbox.?

Are there emails meeting the rule for archiving ?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Also, don't have the mailbox scheduled for the entire 24 hours.  You need stop the task while you are backing up.  If you are going to have to the schedule run for the entire day you should put in a 15 minute break like every 4 or 6 hours to let the process reset.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I agree with Tony.

Also, are other users being successfully processed?

I would suggest :-

a/ Stop the task

b/ Set a 23 hour schedule, if you REALLY want to, but really just try 3-4 hours before your backup window

c/ Start the task

d/ Wait.

Working for cloudficient.com

ManishN
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Archiving basically checks for the item elgibility before it archives. So the first steps you have to identify whether the items are elgibile? if not then none of the items will be archived.

If you think that items are eligible for archiving but no items being archived then you need to perform a trigger dtrace for the affected user because manual archiving works. How to set trigger dtrace, ref. the following article

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH48505

Hope this helps