cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user cannot see his Vault Cache nor the other mailbox which he was given access

AriesN
Level 3

The evault client are already installed in the users Outlook profile however he cannot archive/view those mails archived by evault.

We add users to evault via provisioning group. The target of this prov. group is a DL. This user is already a member of that DL

In Vault Cache properties --> Main Mailbox vault shows the mailbox is not associated with a vault
Same with the Additional Vaults the other mailbox where he has permission to access is not available too.

We have 2 Evault server (Evault1 and Evault2) and the mailbox of the user resides on evault1 but checking on the users properties in the eVault console it shows that the indexer he is in is Evault2 server. I am not sure if that has something to do with her issue but so far its only happening to this one user.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AriesN
Level 3

What I did was to add the EV server site and its IP address in the users host file. THen after restarting Outlook I can now see that the users mailbox is available in the Vault Cache properties and can sync it.

Again, thanks for your advise as it gave me ideas on how to fix it.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Does the user see shortcuts in the mailbox, as shortcuts ? ie with a different icon?

What happens when they open one?

Do you have a screenshot of the Vault Cache issue.

PS calling EV Evault, makes everyone cry :(

Working for cloudficient.com

AriesN
Level 3

Does the user see shortcuts in the mailbox, as shortcuts ? ie with a different icon?
ANS: Vault Cache is enabled for the users but I dont see Vault Cache itself.

What happens when they open one?
ANS: I tried to manually archive an email but it displays an error "The web server is available"
See attached file for screencap and additional information on Vault Cache properties

I enabled logging sync vault cached and it showed its not connected to EV. Somehow the users machine is not being allowed to connect to EV server? Whats causing it?

07/11/2013 02:11:16.448[5152]: User initiated 'Synchronize Vault Cache'.
07/11/2013 02:11:16.450[3212]: HDR:SYNC: Pre-processing.  Type:MANUALLY INITIATED
07/11/2013 02:11:16.469[3212]: HDR:SYNC: EnterpriseVault is inaccessible.
07/11/2013 02:11:16.469[3212]: HDR:SYNC: Could not connect to EV
07/11/2013 02:11:16.470[3212]: HDR:SYNC: Failed

Ok, will try to call it EV got used in using the "other" name as it was the name used in our firm :)

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You may want to grab a full client log file - that will tell you what the Outlook Add-in is trying to connect to, and for what.

AriesN
Level 3

Hi Rob,

I have logging enabled on the client side. Any specific error, information I need to look into from the logs?

From the logs I check where the computer is trying to connect to and it is correct. I ran resetEVclient.exe and no success too.

EVSERVERS = <EV servers FQDN>;<EV servers hostname>

I get this error though, I attached it here as well

07/11/2013 02:10:46.059[3212]: HDR:SYNC: Pre-processing.  Type:SCHED
07/11/2013 02:10:46.226[3212]: HDR:SYNC: EnterpriseVault is inaccessible.
07/11/2013 02:10:46.226[3212]: HDR:SYNC: Could not connect to EV
07/11/2013 02:10:46.227[3212]: HDR:SYNC: Failed

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

By default, the user will be going to this URL:

07/11/2013 02:10:45.949[5152]:     DEFAULTWEBAPPURL = http://EVArcSGP02.BARCAPINT.COM/EnterpriseVault

That is failing.

You might see more if you enabled maximum logging, and restarted Outlook.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Do you have any updates on the issue?

AriesN
Level 3

I zapped the mailbox over the weekend and re-enable it in EV. Will check with user if they can now see virtual vault. If still doesnt work I'll enable debug logging.

AriesN
Level 3

I just learned today that access to web application tab is disabled thus the "search vault" option is not working and generating those html errors. I guess we can disregard those errors for now.

The main issue is that in checking Vault Cache properties it says that her mailbox is not associated with a vault. Status shows its connected but no vaults available even her own account. I have attached the latest log (detailed logging)

AriesN
Level 3

What I did was to add the EV server site and its IP address in the users host file. THen after restarting Outlook I can now see that the users mailbox is available in the Vault Cache properties and can sync it.

Again, thanks for your advise as it gave me ideas on how to fix it.