cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command to check streams on 5240 Appliance

felipemcd
Level 2

Hi,

I'm new on Veritas Appliances Administrations. I'm having some perfomance issues on my Appliances, everyday CPU peaks.

Is there any commando that i can see streams capacity of the Appliances? like the ddboost show active connections on Data Domain?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

can you give an example of the output of that DD command, and explain what the elements mean, i..e how to interpret them and why they are meaningful... and then you/we/us might be able to consider an equivalent for MSDP ?

Thank"s for the Help!

I need to know how the streams works on the MSDP. How monitoring streams works? 

On the DD for example, the output commands shows me the Active Connections that the Appliance are using, I used to use this information to limit my I/O Streams on the Storage Units Settings and avoid issues like high cpu, memory or disk usages.

I'm having issues no the Media Appliances, and i would like to monitor these informations to tunning my enviroment and solve this issues.

Thank You ! 

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Can you not show what the DD gives you, and explain why that information is relevant?  If we could see it, and your explanation of why it is very useful, then someone more experienced might be able to offer further advice.

As for MSDP, I'm not immediately aware of any method of individual real-time stream monitoring, other than the "average" (so far - at that time) throughput shown in Activity Monitor.  The appliance CLIsh can show you actual total volume/quantity of bytes arriving at the NIC, but there is no way AFAIK of breaking that down in to individual active streams arriving - or a method of separating how much of that traffic is fingerprint checks versus actual bulk new never seen before backup data.

What problem are you trying to solve?  What are you hoping to tune?  What is it that is unsatisfactory for you?