Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out information about total memory installed in Netbackup Appliance

shard
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi

We have Netbackup appliance 5220 with OS 2.5.3 we currentlly have one shelf attached to it and have plan to add one more shelf, in order to add the shelf we need to know the total amount of memory installed in appliance

I need help to find ourt the information about the memory. is there any command on appliance which can help me to do so

Thanking yo in advance, and hoping for positive responce

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you have a 5220 that you purchased with one shelf then it will have enough memory for when you have 2 shelves - no need to worry about upgrading it

Only the version that comes as a header unit only has less memory - once it has the SATA Card for a shelf it will have the memory to cope with 2 shelves

So no need to upgrade or worry

If you do want to check then go into the O/S (Support - Maintenance - P@ssw0rd - elevate) and type:

cat /proc/meminfo

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

hi shard, the command is free -m

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

If you have a 5220 that you purchased with one shelf then it will have enough memory for when you have 2 shelves - no need to worry about upgrading it

Only the version that comes as a header unit only has less memory - once it has the SATA Card for a shelf it will have the memory to cope with 2 shelves

So no need to upgrade or worry

If you do want to check then go into the O/S (Support - Maintenance - P@ssw0rd - elevate) and type:

cat /proc/meminfo

Hope this helps

shard
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Mark solution u rock man thanks very much As per your reply i found that memory installded is 96 gb is it enough to add second shelf to appliance 5220

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

You are welcome - glad to have helped!