cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with software share on 5200

Stanleyj
Level 6

Has anyone ever encountered the issue with being prompted for a password when trying to access the software share on a 5200 appliance?

In the past when i got this prompt i would enter the admin credentials for the applaince and after a few trys it would just let me in.  Today it seems that does not seem to working anymore.

I am trying to upgrade to the newly released 7.5 code for the appliance.

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Have you ever changed the admin password since you had the 5200?

If not then i would reccomend changing it to a secure one first as one of the upgrades added this requirement and if you have not changed it the software share will not accept you usual one.

Change it to a complex non dictionary password and then try again (close the share first then reopen it after the password change)

Hope this helps

Chad_Wansing2
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

sometimes I forget to change the domain.  generally putting either 127.0.0.1, localhost, or ./ in front of the login name will make sur ethe box is querying against himself instead of perhaps against your desktop or your AD domain.

Stanleyj
Level 6

Neither one of those suggestions are working.  Mark i did change the password a while ago but it was to make it more secure.  3 capital lettes, 1 #, 3 lowercase, and a special character.

Chad i also have tried every combination you listed above and still not having much luck.  i found a way around all of this by just using the WinSCP program to copy the file into the directory.

I have had this problem before but eventually the share would give up and let me have access.  I guess its more fed up this time around.